Updated Guidance on Events
March 3, 2021
Based on current data and public health guidance, NIU will begin to resume in-person events effective immediately with the following protocols in place to help protect the health and well-being of our entire Huskie community:
- Indoor events are limited to a maximum of 50 guests or 50% of the room’s capacity, whichever is less.
- Outdoor gatherings on NIU property require university permission. Permissible events can have multiple groups of up to 50 people as long as groups maintain a distance of at least 30 feet from each other.
- Physical distancing guidelines must be followed at all events, indoors and out.
- Face masks must be worn at any gathering, whether conducted indoors or outdoors.
- Attendance must be taken, including names and contact information, at events to aid in timely contact tracing should need arise.
- Shared objects should be limited and thoroughly cleaned between uses.
- No food or beverages are allowed at this time.
- Parking restrictions will remain in place, and the East Lagoon will continue to close at sunset.
- Parties and unregistered events of any size are strictly prohibited as they remain very high-risk activities that jeopardize the health and well-being of our community.
Additional guidance for student organizations will be sent from Dean of Students Kelly Wesener Michael later this week.
All Huskies are encouraged to continue to participate in online events and make responsible decisions regarding hosting and participating in events that take place in person. Please continue to adhere to the expectations outlined in Protecting the Pack.