Program Inventory and Narratives
Program Prioritization Definitions and Inventory
A program is a collection of discrete activities/functions. A program is not necessarily a department, center or area, although cases exist where that is the case for centers/areas. Generally, programs are defined by the below definitions. Not all parts of the program definition need be met to be defined as one program type versus another.
- Program conducts teaching and learning, research and scholarship, creativity and artistry, and outreach and service.
- Typically anchored by CIP code
- Primarily courses, faculty or other resources are consumed by this program
- Program draws students and generates resources that other programs do not
- Program supports teaching and learning, research and scholarship, creativity and artistry, and outreach and service
- Typically anchored by HR Department ID and financial cost center(s), given discrete, well defined activities and responsibilities
- Primarily supports directly, or in ancillary/auxiliary capacity, the mission of the university, including that of student success
The Program Prioritization process allowed for members of the university community to submit narratives for newly proposed programs. Ten new academic programs were proposed and the narratives associated with those programs are posted here. No new administrative programs were proposed.