Orientation Program Policies - First Year Spring
|Policy Approval Authority||President|
|Responsible University Office||Orientation and Family Connections|
|Contact Person||Jenna Pracht, email@example.com|
|Effective Adoption Date||08-01-2014|
|Last Review Date||06-01-2017|
Ethics & Conduct
Facilities / Real Estate
Governance / Administration
Program Policies and Fees
Orientation is the first step of your education at NIU. The expectation is that you take advantage of the opportunity orientation presents to learn how to be successful at NIU. Failure to attend or participate in any parts of orientation can jeopardize proper academic advising and enrollment.
All new students are required to attend all program components of their orientation program in order to register for classes.
Illinois State Law prohibits smoking in all campus locations, buildings and residence halls. Students violating this law will be referred to the Student Conduct Office and/or the University Police Department. For more information, please visit the Smoke-Free NIU website.
Late Policy or Missing Portions of the Program
Students must arrive to orientation on time. If students show up late, they will be asked to reschedule their orientation program.
Failure to attend or participate in any parts of orientation can jeopardize proper academic advising and enrollment.
Assistance Needed During Orientation
Any Orientation Program participant(s) in need of special assistance due to a permanent or temporary disability, which may require advance arrangements, please contact Orientation & Family Connections (815-753-1535 or firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 2 weeks prior to the registered session date to request assistance.Confirmation and Orientation Fees
|Program Type (student or family)||Length||Fee Per Person||Meals Included||Parking Included in Fee|
|First-Year Student (Spring program)||1 day||TBA||None||Yes|
|First-Year Family (Spring program)||1 day||None||None||Yes|
|First-Year Student (Summer/Fall program)||2 days, with required overnight component||$155||Yes||Yes|
|First-Year Family (Summer/Fall program)||2 days, with overnight (optional)||$74-per person, paid in advance
$89-per person, paid at the door
|First-Year Family (Summer/Fall program)||2 days, with no overnight||$33-per person, paid in advance
$38-per person-paid at the door
Billing and Payment
- Students need to pay the full amount of the confirmation fee to reserve your spot at NIU and to make your orientation reservation.
- If you have any questions regarding the confirmation fee, please contact Orientation & Family Connections at 815-753-1535.).
Reservation Modification and Cancellation Policy
- Check-in for orientation is required and students need to be on time. You are expected to arrive at orientation on time. Please plan accordingly.
- If you are going to be late you will have to reschedule. Please call us at 815-753-1535 to reschedule. All information shared at orientation is critical for your success at NIU. You cannot miss any portion of the program.
Withdrawing Admissions and Cancelling Orientation Reservation
- If you decide to not attend NIU after signing up for an orientation session, please contact us at email@example.com to cancel.
- The confirmation fee is nonrefundable. Please be certain of your decision to attend NIU before paying the confirmation fee and making your orientation reservation.
Questions Regarding Policies and Fees
Contact Orientation & Family Connections at 815-753-1535 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Policy Categories
- Board of Trustees
- Campus Safety / Security
- Ethics & Conduct
- Facilities / Real Estate
- Faculty & Academics
- Finance / Risk Management
- Governance / Administration
- Human Resources / Employment
- Information Technology
- Marketing & Communication
- Research Ethics / Intellectual Property
- Student Affairs
- Sponsored Funding/Grants and Contracts