Human Diversity Requirement
You can fulfill the human diversity requirement by taking a designated course or by completing an experience, provided it doesn't result in academic credit and meets the following criteria:
- A minimum of 48 hours of active engagement.
- Oversight by a qualified faculty mentor or staff supervisor.
- A focus on one or more of the following social categories: gender, ability, race/ethnicity, citizenship, wealth/material resources, religion, age or sexual orientation.
- Involvement of an analysis of power that addresses people's differing access to resources and opportunities.
- Fulfillment of the Baccalaureate Student Learning Outcome on intercultural competency: Exhibit intercultural competencies with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Note: this process will not result in a transcript notation.