Visitor and Temporary Permits
- Visitors have the option to purchase a daily or weekly visitor permit any time online, using the AIMS (Automated Issuance Management System) permit purchase system, or at Campus Parking Services during the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. The fee for the visitor permit will be based on the length of time the permit is needed: daily, weekly, or monthly. There are also parking meters and pay stations located throughout campus. Pay stations are located at the Student Recreation Center, Anderson Hall, and the Campus Life Building.
- Departments may also pre-purchase visitor parking permits for their guests. The host department is responsible for making prior arrangements with Campus Parking Services or for informing their guests that there is a daily parking fee.
- Visitor lot parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis for $5 per vehicle (per entry or per day), including those parking in motorcycle and handicapped parking spaces. Cash and major credit cards are accepted forms of payment. Visitor lot hours are Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Vehicles in the lot at 7 a.m., without a valid permit will be ticketed.
- All guests of the University must adhere to NIU Campus Parking Services regulations while parking on campus, including in the visitor lot. Parking in reserved or service vehicle spaces is limited to vehicles with an appropriately displayed, valid permit. Parking ticket inquiries should be addressed with NIU Campus Parking Services at email@example.com.
- Overflow parking can be accommodated as needed and available by NIU Campus Parking Services.
- Contact NIU Campus Parking Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to make parking arrangements for large, on-campus events. Arrangements should be made as far in advance as possible and at least 48-hours in advance for events occurring Monday through Friday. Departments requesting guest parking should include contact information, cost center number, date, time and name of event, as well as the number of anticipated guests.
- While parking is typically free on the weekends, NIU Campus Parking Services reserves the right to assess special charges for parking on weekends.
- Holmes Student Center Hotel guest parking is available in the visitor lot upon check in. Loading and unloading spaces are on the west side of the Holmes Student Center. Parking in these spaces is limited to 30 minutes for hotel guests checking in or out of their room. A $100 fine will be assessed for those not in compliance. Upon check in, hotel guest should move their vehicle to the visitor lot and display their parking permit on the rear view mirror to avoid being ticketed by NIU Campus Parking Services.
- Temporary permits may be issued to any employee or student who has a reasonable need for a short-term permit.
- The fee for the temporary permit will be based upon the length of time that the permit is needed: daily, weekly, or monthly.
- If you have a valid NIU color-coded parking permit (sticker or hang tag) but you forgot to bring your parking permit to campus with you, you may receive a temporary permit for the day at no charge at Campus Parking Services.
See permit rates for visitor and temporary parking rates.
121 Normal Road
7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.