Buying a Permit
- University-issued parking permits may not be loaned, traded, or sold by the person(s) to whom they have been issued.
- Persons displaying a permit that is registered to someone else may have the permit revoked, receive parking tickets and/or have parking privileges denied.
Purchase a Permit Online
- Avoid standing in line and save $10. Students and Faculty/Staff may purchase their parking permit online at no additional cost, and we will mail it to you.
- Campus Parking Services accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or by charging your Bursar account (for students) and payroll deduction (for faculty/staff).
- Please allow additional time for your permit to be processed and mailed so you are prepared for parking on your first day on campus.
Purchase a Permit by Mail
Complete the appropriate Permit Registration Form. Mail the form with a check to:
NIU Campus Parking Services
121 Normal Road
DeKalb, IL 60115
The permit will be processed within three business days of receiving the order.
Purchase a Permit in Person
- Students and faculty-staff may choose to purchase a permit in person at our office for an additional $10. There is not a $10 upcharge for retiree or visitor permits.
- Campus Parking Services is located on the corner of Lincoln Terrace and Normal Road.
- Regular office hours are 7:30 a.m.- 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, unless otherwise specified.
- Campus Parking Services accepts cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or by billing the permit to your Bursar account (for students) and payroll deduction (for faculty/staff).
121 Normal Road
7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.