Buying a Permit

  • Only one regular permit may be purchased by a student or faculty/staff member. Exception: A motorcycle permit can be purchased in addition to a regular color-coded permit (blue, orange or yellow).
  • University-issued parking permits may not be loaned, traded, or sold by the person(s) to whom they have been issued.
  • Persons displaying a permit that is registered to someone else may have the permit revoked, receive parking tickets and/or have parking privileges denied.

Purchase a Permit Online

  • Students and faculty/staff may purchase their parking permit online at no additional cost, and we will mail it to the address that you provide.
  • Parking Services accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or by charging your Bursar account (for students) and payroll deduction (for faculty/staff). 
  • Please allow additional time for your permit to be processed and mailed so you are prepared for parking on your first day on campus.

Purchase a Permit by Mail

Complete the appropriate permit registration form. There is an additional $15 fee applied to all permits purchased by mail, excluding reserve permits. Mail the form with a check to:

Northern Illinois University
Campus Parking Services
121 Normal Road
DeKalb, IL 60115

The permit will be processed within three business days of receiving the order.

Contact Us

Parking Services
121 Normal Road

Office Hours

7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.

The lobby is currently closed to in-person transactions.

Back to top