Individuals who are receiving a pension from the State Universities Retirement System, whose last employer was NIU, may purchase a discounted retiree parking permit. A university OneCard ID showing retirement status as “Retiree” or “Professor Emeritus” is required to obtain the permit. No other ID will be accepted.
Retiree parking permits may be displayed in any Blue, Orange, Yellow or Brown parking lots. Please note:
- Payment is still required for all individuals who park in the Visitor Pay lot or at meters/pay stations.
- Parking in no parking zones, reserved spaces and service spaces is prohibited.
- A handicapped placard or license plate must be displayed, along with the retiree permit, when parking in handicapped spaces.
- 15-minute spaces may be utilized without a retiree permit.
Retiree permits are issued as a privilege and are not to be used by relatives or other persons actively employed by or enrolled in the university.
Purchasing Your Permit
In order to respect social distancing guidelines, Parking Services will not be offering in person sales or services.
- If you had a retiree permit last year, you should receive a form in the mail. Since a copy of your retiree OneCard was obtained last year, simply fill out the form and mail it with your payment to the address below.
- If you did not receive a form in the mail, you will need to print the form, fill it out and mail it, along with payment. You will also need to include a copy of your Retiree OneCard.
- Completed documents should be mailed to:
Northern Illinois University
Campus Parking Services
121 Normal Road
DeKalb, IL 60115
Note: Retirees are not subject to the $15 office surcharge.
121 Normal Road
7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.