- Center for P-20 Engagement
- Lifelong Learning Institute
Lifelong Learning Institute
The NIU Lifelong Learning Institute (LLI), established in 2000, is a member-directed group of individuals primarily age 50 +who enjoy learning in informal, flexible, non-competitive groups and like connecting with peers who share their interests. No grades, no tests – just learning for the fun of it.
Our LLI is open to everyone, whatever your level of education or background. All you need is a sense of curiosity and a love of learning. Volunteers lead classes during each term and may be members or non-members.
- Members enjoy learning, sharing experiences and making new friends in LLI’s wide variety of study groups. Typical topic areas including history, music, science, politics, movies, travel and more.
- Each semester fee entitles you to attend as many study groups as you wish during the term; it’s an all-you-can-learn buffet.
Winter 2021 Classes
The winter 2021 term runs from January 19 through February 11, 2021, with six unique learning experiences each week held online via Zoom. Learn about how we're using Zoom for the Lifelong Learning Institute.
Tuesdays, January 19 to February 9
- The Good Natured Hour, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Psychedelic Miscellany, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Wednesdays, January 20 to February 10
- Survivors in the Cold, 10 to 11 a.m.
Wednesdays, January 27 to February 10
- Notables, 1:30 to 2:45 p.m.
Thursdays, January 21 to February 11
- Great Twentieth Century Poetry, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Topics in Human Anatomy: A User’s Guide, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Attendance at any or all LLI programs this season is $25 per person.
The Winter LLI Term has begun. However, if you would still like to join us, you are welcome to email email@example.com and include your name, telephone number and your interest in registering for LLI. Then, a member of our Outreach Registration team will contact you to help you register.