Transfer Orientation (Summer)
Orientation programs for students starting at NIU in the summer 2018 semester.
Things to know about orientation:
- Attendance at a complete orientation program is mandatory, partial attendance does not fulfill your requirement.
- You must pay your confirmation fee of $85.00 in order to confirm your admission to NIU and to make an orientation reservation.
- Orientation is when you meet with your advisor and register for classes. You can’t register for classes without attending orientation first.
- Depending on your orientation date, you may not be able to register for classes at orientation. Please log onto your MyNIU and click on Student Center. You should see a link (on the right side) that says, Enrollment Dates. Click on that to find out the exact time and date you can register for classes.
At orientation, you’re also going to:
- Understand your academic expectations, graduation requirements and responsibilities
- Meet and begin to build a relationship with your academic advisor
- Begin to learn about the tools and resources designed to help you be successful
- Become familiar with the campus environment, both physical and online
- Identify how you want to get engaged and involved at NIU
- Increase your awareness of resources and strategies for success
- Learn what it means to be an NIU Huskie—a member of an inclusive community
Contact UsOrientation and Family Connections
Holmes Student Center 605
DeKalb, IL 60115