Pre-Orientation Program (POP)
Pre-Orientation Program (POP) is a self-guided module that will introduce you to many of the topics that prepare you for your on-campus orientation. You’ll be required to complete POP before attending your on-campus orientation. We recommend beginning POP at least two weeks prior to your orientation.
This module will allow you to customize your path through POP. There’s a track built specifically for first-year students. You’ll also be prompted to select your major college to learn more about the academic expectations and requirements for your major. In addition to starting the conversation about what to expect as you begin your academic career at NIU, POP will help you become more familiar with the tools and resources you'll need to be a successful Huskie.
- Log into MyNIU.
- Click on the Undergraduate Orientation tile in your Student Center.
- Click on the link to POP in the upper left corner of your screen.
Tips for Navigating POP
- Be sure to have your speakers turned on for the embedded videos.
- Some words have a dashed underline (—) these are Terms-to-Know. If you hover over those words with your cursor, their definition will pop up on your screen.
- You may leave POP at any time. We'll remember where you left off.
If you experience any technical difficulties, don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.