2019 STEM Camp Schedule
Day Camps (STEM Juniors & STEM Divas)
Entering 2-5 grade, 9am – 3pm. Monday through Thursday
Transportation and before & after care available through DeKalb Park District
- June 17-20, Theme: Nature & Animals – From the tiniest bugs to the tallest trees, STEM surrounds us every day. We’ll leave no stone unturned as we dig up some amazing new discoveries right in our own back yard!
- June 24-28, Theme: Colors & Sounds – It’s a STEAM powered celebration! Get in on the fun as we use our STEM skills to create a rainbow of exciting art and music.
- July 29 – Aug 1, Theme: STEM Superheroes – Knowledge is power! Discover your own STEM superpowers as we explore the science that helps real life heroes make the world a better place.
Early Middle School Camps
Entering 5-6 grade, residential, Sunday through Friday
- July 7-12, It’s Not Magic, It’s STEM Camp! (New activities for 2019!) – Don’t be a muggle, come spend a week discovering the magic of STEM! Campers will split into houses to compete for the coveted STEM cup as they learn that when things look like magic, there’s something new waiting to be learned.
- July 14-19, From the Moon to Mars, and Beyond! (New camp for 2019!) – This summer will mark fifty years since Neil Armstrong took his famous first steps onto another world. We’ll be celebrating that accomplishment with a whole week of out-of-this-world fun exploring rockets, robots and all the other cool technology that helps humans explore The Moon, Mars and beyond.
Middle School – Exploring STEM
Explore your passion with NIU’s Exploring STEM camps! Each week offers several exciting topics to engage your young scientist in the wonders of STEM. With tracks ranging from art to robotics to chemistry, there’s sure to be something to spark your interests.
Entering 7-9 grade, residential, Sunday through Friday
- July 7-12 @ Lorado Taft: Art, Lightning Bolts & Magnetic Fields, Engineering, Gaming & Puzzles, Robotics
- July 14-19 @ Lorado Taft: Art, Coding, Making, Sci-Fi, LEGO Waterbotics
- July 21-26: Chemistry, Digital Arts, Making, From the Moon to Mars, Video Game Design
High School – STEM Career Explorations
With so many great STEM professions out there, it can be hard to know which one is right for you. NIU’s STEM Career camps give high school students a chance to spend a week immersed in a subject of their choice. Campers work on real world projects, meet with experts in their fields, and learn more about the varieties of careers available in each field.
Entering 10-12 grade, residential, Sunday through Friday
- June 16-21: Engineering, Health, Physics, Video Game Design
- June 23-28: Earth Science, Engineering, Health, Video Game Design
- July 21-26: 3D Printing, Life Science, Aerospace, Computer Science
- July 28-Aug 2: Engineering, Health, Project Design, Video Game Design