Faculty, Get Involved with NIU STEAM
NIU faculty and students play an integral role in the work of NIU STEAM. Join us in promoting STEAM knowledge and enthusiasm for people of all ages and in highlighting NIU experts and opportunities.
Get involved generating excitement for STEAM.
Join NIU STEAM staff in working with more than 30,000 students each year at events on campus, in K-12 schools or with community partners.
Get involved recruiting students to NIU for STEAM Fields.
Join NIU STEAM staff in hosting activities for middle school and high school students interested in STEM careers.
Get involved creating broader impacts across our entire community. Learn about NIU STEAM and Broader Impacts.
Join NIU STEAM staff in engaging our entire community in activities that communicate and demonstrate important STEM topics and advancements or consult with us on NSF Broader Impacts Activities.
- Share your research or outreach with the adult or teen communities at a monthly STEM Cafe.
- Host a booth at our annual October STEM Fest with your students.
- Participate in our regular STEM Read and Failure Bites Podcast Series.
- NSF Broader Impacts proposals and activities: The NIU STEAM team has broad experience in working with the public, educators, college students, teens and children as STEM communicators, program planners and implementors. Whether you’d like to participate in one or more of our existing programs or develop a new outreach endeavor related to your research, we can help.
- Contact Judith Dymond at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your project’s requirements and how we may be able to assist with the proposal.
- NIU STEAM can also assist with implementation if we are involved in planning.