NIU STEAM Overview
NIU STEAM has four purposes:
- Build interest and excitement about
STEAMat NIU through standards-based presentations at schools.
- Provide opportunities for hands-on experiences with STEAM subjects by conducting extra-curricular activities including clubs, competitions
andtraveling hands-on museums.
- Raise educational aspirations, knowledge of STEAM, and interest in attending NIU by coordinating activities such as structured campus visits, special events and summer camps at NIU’s campuses.
- Improve teaching of STEAM subjects by collaborating with teacher preparation and professional development activities in NIU colleges.
Learn with Us
NIU STEAM powers a passion for learning through interdisciplinary experiences for students, educators
By bringing together engaging programming from the NIU Center for P-20 Engagement, we endeavor to present a holistic combination of science, technology, engineering, the arts
Whether you're looking for a school program, a family science festival, online games, lesson plans, artistic endeavors, or literary skills – you’ve come to the right place!
Grow with Us
We invite you to join us in our
- Just show up at the next STEM Café to learn something new.
- Register for a summer residential or day camp.
- Volunteer at STEMfest.
- Donate money or supplies to one of our programs.
- Invite our STEM educators and scientists to visit your school.