Additional Housing Resources


Northern View Community is our apartment-style, on-campus living option for undergraduate and graduate students who are at least 20 years old or two years post high school, are married or have a domestic partner, or have dependents. One of Northern View's buildings is dedicated specifically to students who have a spouse or domestic partner, and/or dependents.

Each unfurnished apartment comes with a full kitchen with appliances and a washer and dryer. A community center is open 24 hours a day and includes a computer lab and kitchen, as well as common areas with flat-screen televisions and a playground.

According to the Department of Housing and Urban Development, "The Section 8 Program was authorized by Congress in 1974 and developed by HUD to provide rental subsidies for eligible tenant families (including single persons) residing in newly constructed, rehabilitated and existing rental and cooperative apartment projects."

Visit the Housing Authority of the County of DeKalb for information on subsidized housing in the area.

DeKalb County Community Action is an organization dedicated to helping low-income DeKalb County residents overcome barriers to household stability.

If you have an RV and are wondering what housing options are available to you, visit the Sycamore RV Resort. This resort provides a laundromat, a campground store, clean restrooms with hot showers, and many other amenities.

Moving off campus can be overwhelming. To help you with your transition, our office has created a moving tip sheet and a list of moving truck rentals and storage units to make your move as stress-free as possible.

The bureau coordinates all aspects of the Crime Free Housing and Inspections Program, including the annual rental property registration program. The bureau conducts workshops for residential property managers and coordinates security assessments of properties. It also serves as a liaison between the DeKalb Police Department and the landlord/rental property owner community. Get more information about property violations

The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) allows for those joining active duty to terminate certain lease agreements based on military service.

Contact Us

MPTSS Lounge and Support Services
Campus Life Building, room 170
815-752-9999 (FAX)

Military Student Benefits Counseling
Campus Life Building 240
815-753-0943 (FAX)