The NIU Foundation Impact Scholarship application due April 4, 2018
The NIU Foundation Board of Directors is currently seeking applications for its signature award: The NIU Foundation Impact Scholarship. This prestigious award provides financial assistance to hardworking, talented students who demonstrate the values and spirit of NIU. These include:
· Commitment to family and community
· Outstanding work ethic
· Generosity of spirit
· Commitment to the mission of NIU
The NIU Foundation Impact Scholarship can provide up to full tuition and fees (after other institutional and state aid are applied) for eligible students. To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
· Hold full-time, undergraduate status
· Have completed a minimum of 12 hours at the time of application
· Be in good academic standing (minimum cumulative GPA: 2.5)
· Have financial need (as established by the NIU Office of Financial Aid)
If you meet these requirements, this scholarship application is already available to you in the AcademicWorks scholarship system.
To apply, log into AcademicWorks, search for the NIU Foundation Impact Scholarship, and submit the names and email addresses of two people who would be willing to submit a letter of recommendation. Potential references include deans, professors, instructors, community advisors, student organization advisors, academic advisors, and supervisors. NOTE: Please contact the individuals you submit as references before you enter their names in AcademicWorks. The people whose names you provide will immediately receive an email notification from the AcademicWorks system.
Your opportunity may be waiting! Confirm your eligibility now!
1. Sign into AcademicWorks using your NIU Z-ID and password.
2. Complete the General Application, if you haven’t already.
3. If you have already completed the General Application, you may update your information and/or proceed to the next step.
4. After your General Application has been submitted, view the list of recommended opportunities and choose “NIU Foundation Impact Scholarship” in the search bar.
5. Once “NIU Foundation Impact Scholarship” appears below the search bar, click on the red “APPLY” button on the right and follow the application instructions there.
The deadline to submit a completed application is April 4, 2018. A small number of finalists will be invited to interview with the NIU Foundation Grants Committee in late April or early May.
For more information about Academic Works, visit www.niu.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/academic-works/index.shtml. For more information about the NIU Foundation visit www.niufoundation.org.