- International Student and Scholar Services
- Fulbright Gateway
We are excited to welcome 80 Fulbright students to campus for a gateway orientation. Your time with us will be very short with a very full schedule, but we hope that it helps prepare you for your time studying in the United States. We also hope that you have a lot of fun and make many new friends.
We will be updating this webpage as more information becomes available.
- Please anticipate a walk of between a quarter to half mile to and from event spaces.
- If you require any physical accommodations please be sure to include that on the information form.
- Complete the pre-arrival information form
- Hotel: Red Roof Inn, 1212 W. Lincoln Hi,ghway DeKalb, IL 60115
- We will be making all of your arrangements on your behalf.
- Please do not contact the hotel directly.
- Arrival is Monday, August 12, 2019
- Departures are Friday, August 16, 2019
- Pick-up will be arranged from O'Hare International Airport.
- We will be collecting you in groups. This may mean that you may have to wait at the airport for a couple of hours for the bus and staff to pick you up.
- This webpage will be updated with pick-up times once we have arrival information from all participants.
- If you have not done so yet, pleasse submit your arrival and departure information.
Contact Us and Connect with Others
If you have questions please emails us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also connect with other part participants prior to arrival via our Facebook Group.
Schedule (subject to change)
|Monday||N/A||Arrivals and dinner on your own|
|Tuesday||7:45 a.m.||Breakfast (HSC Skyroom)|
|9:30 a.m.||Welcome remarks|
|9:45 a.m.||Fullbright remarks and overview|
|10:30 a.m.||Networking activities|
|11:30 a.m.||Agenda overview|
|11:45 p.m.||Lunch and group photo|
|1:15 p.m.||Understanding U.S. academic cultutre (Altgeld Auditorium)|
|2:45 p.m.||Cross cultrual understanding and adjustment|
|4 p.m.||Approporiate interpersonal behaviour|
|6:30 p.m.||Welcome dinner (Altgeld Auditorium)|
|Wednesday||7:15 a.m.||Breakfast (Altgeld Auditorium)|
|8 a.m.||Fulbright benefits and responsbilities|
|9:15 a.m.||Panel discussion with second-year Fulbright students|
|11:15 a.m.||Depart to Chicago. Lunch box will be provided on bus. Stops at Millenium Park (The Bean), Chicago Architecture boat tour, Navy Pier. Dinner downtown Chicago|
|8:30 p.m.||Return to DeKalb|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m.||Breakfast (Altgeld Auditorium)|
|8:15 a.m.||U.S. politics and people|
|10:30 a.m.||Leadership workshop|
|Noon||Lunch in downtown DeKalb|
|2 p.m.||Volunteerism and community engagement|
|3:30 p.m.||Fulbright goals and identity/wrap-up|
|4 p.m.||Program evaluation|
|5 p.m.||Break to get ready for dinner|
|6 p.m.||Farewell dinner (Hopkins Park)|
|Friday||N/A||Breakfast on your own and departures|