- International Training Office
- Services and Programs
Services and Programs
Our programs emphasize active learning methodologies to maximize learner participation. Participatory processes are built into the training design and implemented through a learner-centered training approach.
Ways We Can Meet Your Training Needs
- Design high-impact, innovative, responsive and flexible programs tailored to your professional needs.
- Draw upon the expertise of faculty resources for on-site field training programs.
- Facilitate in-country consultation services.
- Provide opportunities for exchanging ideas and networking with peer professionals from around the world.
- Provide a dynamic learning environment with a college town atmosphere.
- Offer a safe, comfortable and cost-effective living accommodation for training participants.
- Enjoy a close proximity to Chicago with access to the diverse resources of business, nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies.
Over the last decade, our office has demonstrated ingenuity in the design and delivery of customized programs for individuals or groups. These programs are provided upon special requests from various sponsors and contractors.
Custom-designed programs can run from one week to a few months in length and are geared for the specific training needs of one or more participants. Our ability to tap into the resources of the university and the Chicago metropolitan areas has enabled us to design and deliver innovative, flexible and responsive programs and services from all over the world.
Have some ideas for a customized training program? Complete our training request and we will be in touch.
We can facilitate in-country consulting services utilizing NIU faculty and staff resources. Previous consultancies have included conducting training needs assessments, educational policy analysis and planning, management and evaluation of training programs in Indonesia, Kuwait, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ghana, Nepal, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Nigeria and Gambia.