Short-stay Options for Students
NIU offers a short-stay option in the Holmes Student Center Hotel to students during spring semester: January through May. The short-stay option is open to undergraduate, graduate or law school students who have a need to stay overnight for an academic purpose or due to weather
Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance. After we receive your request, we will contact you by phone within the next business day to obtain your payment information and complete your request.
Please contact us for more information about our rates for a single or double occupancy standard room.
January through May. Some blackout dates may apply.
This option is open to currently-enrolled undergraduate, graduate or law school students in good standing with NIU and the Office of Student Conduct. Guests must present their NIU OneCard at check in.
Amenities provided by the Hotel at Holmes include:
- NIU Wi-Fi
- Computing spaces, study areas and AnywherePrints
- Cable TV
- Coffee maker
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Microwave and minifridge
- Phone with free local and 1-800 calls
- Security (hotel desk is staffed 24 hours)
- Wake-up service
- The College Grind coffee shop
- Coin-operated laundry located on the second floor
- Dry cleaning or professional laundry services available at hotel desk