Annual on-campus flu shots were offered in September and October by the DeKalb County Health Department, NIU School of Nursing and the NIU Employee Assistance Program (EAP). If you were unable to attend one of these events the flu shot may be obtained at the DeKalb County Health Department, 2550 N Annie Glidden Road, DeKalb, IL. Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 11:30am and 1:00pm to 4:00pm. For more information, call 815-748-2467.
Eligible for Free Flu Shots:
- NIU employees who are insured on any of the State of Illinois employee health Care Plans including the HMOs or OAPs.
- Retiree and survivors with the State of Illinois Health Coverage who are not yet eligible for Medicare.
- Retirees with Medicare part B Coverage - Medicare will be billed. You must bring your Medicare card and a photo ID.
- Retirees with Medicare Advantage (United Healthcare, Humana, and Coventry) - Medicare Advantage will be billed. You must bring your Medicare Advantage health insurance card and a photo ID . Please complete the Private Insurance / Medicare Advantage section of the form.
Non-Eligible for Free Flu Shots:
Note: Cost is $38, bring cash or check payable to DCHD.
- All Dependents (** ages 9 and up) of NIU Employees on one of the State Health Insurance Plans.
- Anyone who opted out of State of Illinois Health Plans including HMOs or OAPs, please bring your current insurance card. It will be determined if it is billable at the time of service.
- *** Students and Graduate Students with assistantships.
** For dependents under 9 years of age, call the Health Department at 815-748-2467 for an appointment.
*** Encouraged to go to NIU Health Services for a reduced price of $32. Call 815-753-9585 for more information.
Note: State ID and insurance cards will be required. Flu vaccine must be administered prior to December 31, 2018 in order to be paid by the State of Illinois.
For additional information contact the Employee Assistance Programs at email@example.com or call 815-753-9191.