Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Program assures the following to employees and their families:
- A safe, secure, and confidential environment to understand and solve concerns
- Immediate support and assistance
- Being treated with dignity, respect, and fairness
- A voice and support as you cope and solve difficulties
- Information, referrals, and support to assist you in meeting your needs
The Employee Assistance Program offers benefits to the NIU Campus by:
- Information, training and support to improve workplace harmony
- Improving employees' and dependents' abilities to successfully respond to challenges
- Enhancing employees' and managers' strengths to manage workplace stress
- Supporting employees and managers during times of change
- Reducing the likelihood of workplace violence or other safety risks
- Supporting disaster and emergency preparedness
- Assisting others response to workplace conflict, injury, or other crises
- Supporting timely and effective return-to-work for employees following absences
Enhance the well-being of all NIU faculty, staff, retirees and their families.
- All services provided by the Employee Assistance Program are professional and confidential.
- Consulting with an NIU Employee Assistance Program Professional is one of your benefits.
- May use work time to go to EAP or HR with supervisor's permission to leave the office. You do not need to explain.
- Appointments available usually the same day or within one to two days including noon or after 4:30 p.m. as needed.
- Location: HSC 709
- Phone: 815-753-9191
- Fax: 815-753-0817
- Email: EmployeeAssistance@niu.edu