Volunteer Tour Guide
Volunteering as a tour guide is a great opportunity to become more involved in your residence hall, develop speaking and presentation skills, and show your Huskie pride!
During the year, prospective students and their families make a visit to NIU, and one important part of that visit is a tour of our residence halls. We're looking for outstanding volunteers who are willing to show their room, talk about living on campus, and why they chose NIU.
- Volunteer shifts available between 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Oct. 14 and Nov. 11
- You can sign up for shifts around your class schedule. You do not need to be available all day.
- One shift is 20-25 minutes.
- You will attend a short training session before volunteering, where we give you talking points about our residence halls and show you how to be a great tour guide.
- During tours, you can talk about your room, your hall, community advisors, security and guest registration, dining options, and anything else you like about living on-campus.
If you have questions about volunteering as a tour guide, contact:
Volunteer Coordinator Graduate Assistant