Gordon Seagrave: The Burma Surgeon
- A Delicate Relationship: The United States and Burma/Myanmar Since 1945. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2015.
- Troubled Relations: The United States and Cambodia Since 1870. DeKalb, IL: Northern Illinois University Press, 2007. This is an updated, revised, and abridged version of my two-volume history of the US-Cambodian relationship.
- The United States and Cambodia, 1870-1969: From Curiosity to Confrontation. London and New York: Routledge, 2004.
- The United States and Cambodia, 1969-2000: A Troubled Relationship. London and New York: Routledge, 2004.
- Together, both volumes won the 2005 Robert H. Ferrell Book Prize from the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations.
- (Editor) The Vietnam War: Its History, Literature, and Music. El Paso: Texas Western Press, 1998. Distributed by the University of Texas Press.
- Quest for Freedom: The United States and the Independence of India. New York: Columbia University Press, 1995; Indian edition, New Delhi: Prentice-Hall, 1997.
- Protestant Missionaries in the Philippines, 1898-1916: An Inquiry into the American Colonial Mentality. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 1986.
- John Hay: The Gentleman as Diplomat. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1975.
I teach courses in the history of American foreign relations. Specialized courses include the United States in Southeast Asia, and Asia and America.
- HIST 470 America and Asia
- HIST 475 The United States and Southeast Asia and the Indian Subcontinent
- HIST 476 American Foreign Relations to 1914
- HIST 477 American Foreign Relations Since 1914
- Graduate seminars related to the above topics
Distinguished Research Professor
Ph.D., University of Michigan, 1970
U.S. Foreign Relations