Geology and Environmental Geosciences
Latest Department News
- Our 2018 issue of the Geogram is complete and ready for viewing. If you have any questions, comments or news to share, just drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. - October 17, 2018
- Collaboration between the departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Geology and Environmental Geosciences leads to a $1,000,000 NSF grant to provide scholarships to STEM students. - September 6, 2018.
- Dr. Nicole LaDue wins a $300,000 NSF grant to study the impact of click-on diagrams to enhance student learning in introductory geoscience courses. August 29, 2018.
- Nature Geoscience publishes a paradigm-busting paper coauthored by Board of Trustees Professors Reed Scherer and Ross Powell, Assistant Professor Nathan Stansell, Ph.D. student Jason Coenen and colleagues. – June, 25, 2018
- Assistant Professors Nathan Stansell and Nicole LaDue win a $300,000 grant from the NSF International Office of Science and Engineering. The project is a student-centered research experience that will study past climate change in the Baltic region. – June 20, 2018
- Ph.D. student Zo Kreager wins a National Association of Geoscience Teachers Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award. – June 19, 2018
- Geology students benefit from active learning strategies. Check out the amazing transformation that's taking place in our introductory geology course. Props to Asst. Prof. Nicole LaDue and her graduate students! - November 28, 2017
- Asst. Prof. Nathan Stansell wins a $25,250 grant from the National Geographic Society to conduct a collaborative study entitled: Late Holocene glacier fluctuations in the Sierra Velluda, Central-South Chile: filling the gap that becomes critical in projected hydroclimatic scenarios. - November 27, 2017