In addition to teaching at NIU, I am a Buffet Clarinets Artist/Clinician.
I have performed and given research presentations at many ClarinetFests of the International Clarinet Association, for which I am editor of music reviews.
I have performed with many orchestras in the United States including the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. I have played regularly in several groups in the Chicago area, most recently the Ars Viva Symphony Orchestra.
I enjoy composing and arranging works for clarinet.
- Breitkopf & Härtel: reconstruction of the chamber ensemble version of Jean Sibelius’s "En Saga Septet."
- Billaudot Éditeur: "24 Clarinet Etudes from the World" and "The Three Shepherds Rock" (with apologies to Franz Schubert).
- Fennica Gehrman: chamber ensemble arrangement of "Nachtlieder" by Esa-Pekka Salonen.
- Edition Wilhelm Hansen: arrangement for clarinet and piano of Carl Nielsen’s "Chaconne" op. 32.
- OR-TAV Music Publications: "Klezmer Suite" for clarinet choir and "Oyfbli & Oyf tish un oyf benk (Flowering & It was a Grand Old Time)" for solo clarinet with wind band.
D.M. Indiana University, Bloomington, 1998, Clarinet Performance.
M.F.A. SUNY-Buffalo, 1985, Clarinet Performance.
B.M. Northwestern University, Evanston, 1983, Clarinet Performance.