New Faculty Network
- Get further acquainted to NIU
- Build cross-disciplinary peer networks
- Foster connection, collaboration, and collegiality among faculty new to NIU
- Acquire teaching and learning resources
- Become familiar with the NIU community
- Develop teaching skills
Who is a Participant of the Network?
- Faculty new to NIU in their first or second year
- Faculty Development staff members who will moderate the Network
- Select faculty and staff who serve as resources and mentors for new faculty
What Content will be Added to the New Faculty Network?
New content will be added approximately once each month and will be dated and searchable for easy access.
- Material on teaching and learning from a variety of sources such as:
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- InsideHigherEd.com – News, opinions, surveys, & webinars related to higher education
- Books, journals, articles, monographs, etc.
- Blackboard Resources
- NIU Resources and Support Units
- Events and Happenings on Campus
- Community Information – DeKalb and Sycamore
What and How New Faculty Can Share in the Network?
- Start a Conversation
- Share a File
Last Updated: 10/11/2019