New Faculty Network
- Get further acquainted to NIU
- Build cross-disciplinary peer networks
- Foster connection, collaboration, and collegiality among faculty new to NIU
- Acquire teaching and learning resources
- Become familiar with the NIU community
- Develop teaching skills
Who is a Participant of the Network?
- Faculty new to NIU
- Faculty remain a part of the Network . . . they can remove themselves from the Network at any time
- Faculty Development staff members who will moderate the Network
What Content will be Added to the New Faculty Network?
- New content will be added approximately once each month and will be dated and searchable for easy access. Material on teaching and learning from a variety of sources such as:
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- InsideHigherEd.com – News, opinions, surveys, & webinars related to higher education Books, journals, articles, monographs, etc.
- Blackboard Resources
- NIU Resources and Support Units
- Events and Happenings on Campus
- Community Information – DeKalb and Sycamore
What and How New Faculty Can Share in the Network?
- Start a Conversation
- Share a File
- At this time, we not plan to use the Calendar or Notebook tools in the Network
Last Updated: 10/3/2016