Installment Payment Plan
Fall/spring: The installment plan is available ONLY in fall and spring semesters with the following conditions:
1) The total balance must be no less than $100 and the first payment must be made by credit card on the date you register. Installment payments are allowed through the first four weeks of the semester; after that, full payment is expected.
2) For those paying in four installments through the fall and spring semesters, the second installment is due on October 11, the third on January 9, and the fourth on February 28.
3) For those who register for both a fall activity and a fall/spring activity (using the same registration form), the installment payments will be calculated as follows: fall activities must be paid in full by the due date of the second installment and fall/spring activities must be paid in full by the due date of the fourth installment. Installments will not be equal.
4) New classes or additional lesson time added after the first installment payment must be on a new registration form and are not eligible for the installment plan. Payment in full is due at the time the form is submitted.
5) The adult who completes the form and who makes the initial payment is the person who remains responsible for all payments. The office is not responsible for splitting payments for multiple payees.
6) Payees must inform the office if the credit card changes during the course of the payment period. If NIU Outreach Services is unable to process a credit card at the time a payment is due, the card holder will be informed and if new credit card information or payment has not been provided within two weeks, the teacher will be asked to stop lessons. We cannot accept a credit card that expires before the date of your final installment payment.
A non-refundable $15 registration fee is required for each person at the time of registration. This is a per-person fee and is owed once during the school year and once in summer. Fall students returning in spring are not charged the fee in spring. One person registering for multiple activities owes $15; the fee for two siblings registered on one form is $30. This fee is used for many expenses, including the cost of background checks required by the university for all employees who work with children.
You are eligible for a discount when you register:
- more than one family member for an activity on one form; OR
- one person for two or more activities on one form, OR
- Are 65 years or older.
Please Note: CSA Art Express classes do not count towards CSA discount eligibility.
Your discount is $25 when you meet any of one of these conditions and register for one semester only and $60 when you register for two semesters (fall and spring) on the same registration form. To qualify for the discount in fall, you must register by the second installment payment date and in spring by the fourth installment payment date. Discounts may not be combined.
Refunds and Withdrawals
Submission of the registration form commits the student to a full semester of lessons. If a student decides to stop taking lessons after the semester has begun, the office must be informed of the decision by the student/parent in writing. Notice to the instructor is not sufficient. Refunds will be given only for Traditional and Suzuki private lessons that have not been received, and only when the withdrawal letter is received before the fourth week of lessons. There are no refunds for classes, ensembles, parking passes, or the registration fee.
- CSA Information
College of Visual and Performing Arts
Office of External Programs
Music Building, room 132