Sexual misconduct may be reported to the university using this form. Sexual misconduct includes sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, sexual harassment or gender harassment.
When to submit a sexual misconduct report:
- If you are reporting actual or suspected sexual misconduct that someone else experienced.
- If you are unsure if you want to pursue an investigation at this time, but are interested in receiving supportive measures.
- Supportive measures are available on a confidential basis.
When to submit a sexual misconduct complaint:
- If you are reporting sexual misconduct that you experienced and
- You would like to begin the university's formal grievance process (including an investigation).
If you prefer to file a complaint anonymously or confidentially:
- E-mail the Title IX coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org instead of filing a complaint.
- However, please note that the university's ability to respond to an anonymous or confidential complaint is limited.
Filing a report or complaint does not constitute filing a police report. To file an official police report, please contact the NIU Department of Police and Public Safety (for incidents occurring on campus) at 815-753-1212 or DeKalb Police Department (for incidents occurring off campus) at 815-748-8400.
Learn more about helpful advocacy services for students and employees in the Sexual Misconduct Policy.