Videos may be signed out by faculty members or teaching assistants in the Environmental Studies program for two weeks. Materials may be renewed once. Books may be signed out by faculty members or teaching assistants in the Environmental Studies program for 4 weeks. Materials may be renewed once. Readers may not mark books and materials in any way. Underlining, highlighting, and notes may be distracting to others.
- Acid Test
- AIDS Evolution of an Epidemic
- Anatomy of a Burn: Using Fire in Land Restoration and Conservation
- Big River and King Corn
- Burning the Future – Coal in America
- Butterflies and Bulldozers
- Chemical Reaction
- Cool It
- Dirt! The Movie
- Division Street
- Environmental Tech (Modern Marvels)
- Environmental Tech II (Modern Marvels)
- Evolution, Constant Change and Common Threads
- Exploring Biodiversity: The Search for New Medicines
- Fish Migrations and Spawning Habits in the Mekong Mainstream
- Green House: Design it. Build it. Live it.
- Living Downstream
- Lorax, The (1972 version)
- Man Named Pearl, A
- Mono Lake Story, The
- Ocean Frontiers
- Our Planet Earth
- Potent Biology: Stem Cells, Cloning and Regeneration
- Renewable Energy
- Revenge of the Electric Car
- River Runs Through Us, A
- Silent Running (Fiction)
- Water on the Table
- Adventures Among Ants: A Global Safari with a Cast of Trillions – Moffett, Mark. W.
- Affluenza: The All-Consuming Epidemic – Graaf, John De "
- Arctic Sanctuary: Images of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge " – Jones, Jeffery A.
- Better World Handbook, The – Jones, Ellis
- Boyond Oil: The View From Hubbert's Peak – Deffeyes, Kenneth S.
- Buffalo Bird Woman's Garden: Agriculture of the Hidatsa Indians – Wilson, Gilbert L.
- CAFO (Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation) – Imhoff, Dan
- Contaminated Communities: Coping With Residential Toxic Exposure – Edelstein, Michael R. Creation, The – Wilson, Edward
- Disappearing Spoon, The: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from The Periodic Table of the Elements – Kean, Sam
- Down to the Wire: Confronting Climate Collapse – Orr, David W.
- Dwellings: A spiritual History of the Living World – Hogan, Linda
- Eaarth: Making a Life on a Tough New Planet – McKibben, Bill
- Energy Controversy, The – Lovins, Amory
- Environment, Energy, and Society: Exemplary Works – Humphrey, Craig R.
- Environmental Crime: A Sourcebook – Burns, Ronald G.
- Environmental Problems and Human Behavior – Gardner - Gerald T.
- Environmental Sociology – Hannigan, John
- Environmental Sociology: From Analysis to Action – King, Leslie
- Fate of Nature, The – Wohlforth, Charles
- Feminist Perspectives on Environment and Society – Littig, Beate First Along the River – Kline, Benjamin
- Flight of the Hummingbird – Yahgulanaas, Michael N.
- Flora and Fauna of the Civil War: An Environmental Reference Guide – Ouchley, Kelby
- Four Fish: The Future of the Last Wild Food – Greenberg, Paul
- Global Warming: Understanding the Forecast – Archer, David
- Great Kapok Tree, The: A Tale of the Amazon Rain Forest – Cherry, Lynne
- Green Careers For Dummies – McClelland, Carol
- Greening of Conservative America, The – Bliese, John R. E.
- Greening the Ivory Tower – Creighton, Sarah
- Hope, Human and Wild: True Stories of Living Lightly on the Earth – McKibben, Bill
- Idealist.org handbook to building a better world, The: How to Turn Your Good Intentions Into Actions That Make a Difference – Land, Stephanie
- Just A Dream – Allsburg, Chris
- Last Refuge, The: Patriotism, Politics, and the Environment in an Age of Terror – Orr, David W.
- Living Downstream – Steingraber, Sandra
- Losing Our Cool: Uncomfortable Truths About Our Air-Conditioned World (and Finding New Ways to Get Through the Summer) – Cox, Stan
- Loss of Biodiversity – Spray, Sharon L.
- Making Law: Environmental Protection & Legal Institutions in Brazil – McAllister, Lesley K.
- Nature of Design, The – Orr, David W.
- On the Ice: An Intimate Portrait of Life at McMurdo Station, Antarctica – Legler, Gretchen
- Our Ecological Footprint – Wackernagel, Mathis
- Plan B: Rescuing a Planet under Stress and a Civilization in Trouble – Brown, Lester R.
- Plan B 4.0: Mobilizing to Save Civilization – Brown, Lester R.
- Pollution – Haley, James
- Psychology of Environmental Problems, The – Koger, Susan M.
- Red Sky At Morning: American and the Crisis of the Global Environment – Speth, James Gustave
- Replenishing the Earth: Spiritual Values for Healing Ourselves and the World – Maathai, Wangari
- Sense of Wonder, The – Carson, Rachel
- Silent Spring – Carson, Rachel
- State and Nature, The: Voices Heard. Voices Unheard in America's Environmental Dialogue – Clarke, Jeanne Nienaber
- Sustainability Handbook, The: The Complete Management Guide To Achieving Social, Economic, and Environmental Responsibility – Blackburn, William R.
- Sustaining Abundance: Environmental Performance in Industrial Democracies – Scruggs, Lyle
- Toxic Criminology – Boyd, Susan C.
- Treadmill of Production, The – Gould, Kenneth Alan
- Twenty Lessons in Environmental Sociology – Gould, Kenneth Alan
- Urban Recycling and the Search for Sustainable Community Development – Weinberg, Adam S.
- Urban Sprawl: Causes, Consequences, & Policy Responses – Squires, Gregory D. Violent Environments – Peluso, Nancy Lee
- Water: The Epic Struggle for Wealth, Power, and Civilization – Solomon, Steven
- Wetlands: Exploring Environmental Challenges – Spray, Sharon L. What Planet Are You From? – Bean, Clarice
- World According to Monsanto, The: Pollution, Corruption, and the Control of the World's Food Supply – Robin, Marie-Monique
- Worst Journey in the World, The - Garrard, Apsley Cherry
Institute for the Study of the Environment, Sustainability and Energy
325 Montgomery Hall
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115