Congratulations on being selected as a SROP faculty mentor! We are excited to welcome you to the OSEEL family.
Faculty mentors are expected to:
- Provide learning resources and necessary tools for the student's research/artistry project
- Meet with the student to plan and complete the project
- Discuss aspects of academic and research life with the student
- Assist the student with preparation of project materials for Summer Research Symposium
- Attend Summer Research Symposium
- Notify OSEEL staff as needed of student progress, performance, change of research focus or any problems in the mentoring relationship
Resources and Program Info
- SROP Information Slides (PDF)
- SROP Faculty Handbook (PDF)
- SROP Student Handbook (PDF)
- Proposal Checklist (PDF)
- Proposal Outline (PDF)
- Proposal Guidelines (PDF)
- Student Faculty Contract (PDF)
Open Research Position
If you are in search of a student to assist you with your research project, fill out the Faculty Mentor Interest form.
- Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP)
- Undergraduate Research
Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning
Altgeld Hall 100
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.