How to Apply
To be eligible to participate in the Summer Research Opportunity Program, you must:
- Be a full-time student enrolled at NIU
- Be a sophomore, junior or senior (who will not be graduating in the spring or summer of 2019)
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher
- Commit to participate in the program for eight weeks (June - August)
- Have not enrolled in summer courses and will not be employed at another job (M-F, 8a-5p) during SROP
- January: Application opens
- March 11: Applications due
- Late-March: Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis
- April: Participants will be notified of their acceptance
- May 3: SROP Orientation
- June 16 -August 9: SROP partcipants active in their research
- August 9: Present at the Summer Research Symposium. Last day of program.
View more details about the Summer Research Opportunities Program or contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-753-8154.
- Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP)
- Undergraduate Research
Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning
Altgeld Hall 100
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.