For Faculty Mentors
- Provide learning resources and necessary tools for the student's research/artistry project
- Meet with the student to plan and complete the project
- Attend the faculty mentor orientation in October
- Attend the Research Rookies reception in November
- Discuss aspects of academic and research life with the student
- Assist the student with preparation of project materials for Undergraduate Research and Artistry Day
- Attend Undergraduate Research and Artistry Day in April
- Notify OSEEL staff as needed of student progress, performance, change of research focus or any problems in the mentoring relationship
Please refer to the Faculty Mentor Handbook for more information on the responsibilities and expectations of the role.
- Mentoring Issues, WebGURU
- Responsible Conduct in Research Mentoring
- CUR Mentor Network
- Student Resources for Undergraduate Research
- Research Project Purchase Request
Open Research Positions
If you are in search of a student to assist you with your research project, fill out the Faculty Mentor Interest form.
- Research Rookies
- Undergraduate Research
Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning
Altgeld Hall 100
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.