Update Your Information in Your MyNIU Profile
At the beginning of each semester, it’s important to review your profile in MyNIU to make sure you have the following information up to date:
• Your current cell phone number.
• Your permanent address.
• Your local address. If you’re living on or near campus, update this as your local address. Learn how to look up your mailing address in the res halls.
• Your emergency contact information.
• Your financial account for direct deposit. Frequently, students receive federal financial assistance which is in excess of the charges on their student account and can be refunded to the student. Such refunds will be automatically processed and issued to the student via check or direct deposit. For a more secure and timely refund, direct deposit is encouraged.
Zoom Now Available for Faculty, Instructors and Teaching Assistants
NIU has partnered with Zoom to enhance remote teaching capabilities. Accounts have been established for all faculty, instructors and teaching assistants and can be accessed immediately. You can login using your NIU Account ID and password, just like you would to login to Blackboard or Microsoft O365.
NIU has focused on launching Zoom for the start of the academic year. Staff and students will not have access to create or manage Zoom meetings at this time; however they can attend a meeting that has been set up for their course. We have heard there is a greater interest in Zoom and are considering options to deploy Zoom more broadly on campus.
Please review our Zoom web page to get details about how to get started and answers to questions you may have.
Stay connected wherever you go—download the NIU Mobile app.
The NIU Mobile app provides links to everything from campus resources, event calendars and tech guides to emergency information, campus maps, social media and more. You can now receive app notifications about important dates, campus events and information to keep you connected, engaged and productive.
We have added unique experiences for first-year students, returning-students, and our faculty and staff. Choose your experience when you download the app to your device, and change it any time using the avatar icon at the top of your screen.
110% Huskie Pride promotion
NIU students with a current valid ID will receive 10% off at many local dining and retail businesses through Sept. 19, 2020. View a list of local businesses that are offering discounts and get out there and explore DeKalb!
Policy Library Update – New Policy
A new policy has been posted on the Policy Library website and is open to review and comment for a 30-day period. This provides the NIU community the opportunity to consider and respond to the revised policy before it takes effect. The policy is:
• Vulnerability and Patch Management Policy
To submit a comment, visit the Policy Library website. The revised policy appears on the right side of the screen. Click on the policy link. You will be asked to sign into SharePoint. All comments are due by Friday, Sept. 18. If you have any questions, please contact University Policy Librarian Rebecca Hunt.