Diversity Dialogue Series
To engage in civil discourse:
- Be ready to listen for understanding.
- Think about ways to solve problems together.
- Be accountable for what you say and do.
- Be open and think critically about what you hear.
- Acknowledge communities strengths.
- Find ways to create positive change.
The Diversity Dialogue Series is for participants to heighten their awareness, become comfortable in engaging in intersectional dialogue and utilize the understanding obtained to expand beyond cultural competency to the action of social justice.
- Reflect our institution's unique culture and current issues facing the campus by recognizing intersectional divides and how they came to exist
- Encourage discourse around differences and lend a hand to reinventing our campus climate by working to combat how unilateral discourse silos or separates voices
- Promote unity, awareness, engagement and action as core concepts for open and civil dialogue around complex topics
To request disability-related accommodations contact Jennifer Withers at 815-753-8399.