Coordinator of Writing Across the Curriculum
Rhetoric and Composition
Office: RH 214
- Ph.D. University of Iowa; 1992
- M.S. State University College at Fredonia, NY; 1984
- B.A. University of Arizona; 1974
- Writing Across the Curriculum
- Writing Program Administration
- History of Rhetoric
- Medieval English mystics
- Collaborating on Writing to Learn in Ninth-Grade Science: What is Collaboration—and How Can We Sustain It?,” WAC Partnerships between Secondary and Post-Secondary Institutions, Co-authored with Michael McClellan, Dawn Myelle-Watson, Debra Spears, and David Wellen, ed. Pamela Childers and Jacob Blumner, WAC Clearinghouse/Parlor Press, 2016. 63-85. https://wac.colostate.edu/books/partnerships/wac.pdf.
- Writing Science in Hard Times,” Across the Disciplines Special Issue, Ed. Pamela Childers and Michael Lowrey (Dec. 2012), online, co-authored with Michael McClellan, Dawn Myelle-Watson, Debra Spears, and David Wellen. http://wac.colostate.edu/atd/second_educ/mcclellanetal.cfm
- Creating a Culture of Evidence in Nursing Education Using Student Portfolios,” International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, 9.1 (2012): online, co-authored with Julie Robertson, Jeanette Rossetti, and Nancy Oldenburg. http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/ijnes.2012.9.issue-1/1548-923X.2415/1548-923X.2415.xml
- "Lessons about Writing to Learn from a University-High School Partnership," Writing Program Administration 34.2 (Spring 2011): 59-88.
- “Situating a University Writing Center in a Living-Learning Environment.” Composing Other Spaces. Ed. John Tassoni and Doug Powell. Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press, 2009. 185-202.
- “Julian of Norwich’s Showings and the Ancrene Riwle: Two Rhetorical Configurations of Mysticism,” Rhetoric Review 27.4 (2008): 361-78.
- “Portfolio Partnerships Between Faculty and WAC: Lessons from Disciplinary Practice, Reflection, and Transformation.” College Composition and Communication 59.2 (2007): 206-36. Co-authored with Julie Robertson.
- “Documentation Strategies and the Institutional Socialization of Writing Centers.” The Writing Center Director’s Resource Book. Ed. Byron Stay and Christina Murphy. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Publishers, 2006. 103-13.
- “Queering the Conflicts” What LGBT Students Can Teach Us in the Classroom and Online.” Computers and Composition, special edition: Sexualities, Technologies, and Writing. Ed. Jonathan Alexander and William Banks. 21 (2004): 295-313. Co-authored with Diana Swanson.
- Co-editor of Journal of the Assembly for Expanded Perspectives on Learning, with Joonna Trapp. http://trace.tennessee.edu/jaepl/