Director, First-Year Composition Program
Rhetoric, Technical Writing, Composition Pedagogy
Office: RH 215B
- Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley; 1996
- M.A. University of Wyoming; 1982
- B.A. Dartmouth College; 1978
- Computers and Writing
- Intercultural Communication
- Conference on College Composition and Communication Outstanding Technology Innovator Award, 2011.
- Patricia L. Francis Award for Outstanding Service to the Department of English, April 2008.
- The Computers and Composition Charles Moran Award for Distinguished Contributions to the Field, May 2006.
- David Raymond Award for the Use of Technology in Teaching, March 2003.
- With Tawanda Gipson and Christopher Parker: “Undergraduate Mentors as Agents of Engagement: Peer Advocates in First-Year Writing Courses.” First-Year Composition and Retention, Beth Brunk-Chavez, Heidi Estrem, Todd Ruecker, and Dawn Shepherd, editors. Utah State University Press, 2017.
- (Editor) Takako Day. Show Me the Way to Go Home: The Moral Dilemma of Kibei No No Boys in World War Two Incarceration Camps. (Middlebury, VT: Wren Song Press, 2014).
- With Randall McClure and Mike Palmquist, eds. “Composition in the Freeware Age: Assessing the Impact and Value of the Web 2.0 Movement in the Teaching of Writing” Computers and Composition 27.1 (March 2010)
- “Influencing Learning Through Faculty and Student Generated Outcome Assessment.” Chapter 12 in Electronic Portfolios 2.0: Emergent Research on Implementation and Impact, Barbara Cambridge, Darren Cambridge, and Kathleen Yancy, editors. Stylus Publishing, 2009.
- “The Administrator as Technorhetorician: Sustainable Technological Ecologies in Academic Programs.” Chapter 6 in Technological Ecologies and Sustainability: Methods, Modes, and Assessment, Danielle DeVoss, Heidi McKee, and Richard Selfe, editors. Computers and Composition Digital Press, 2009.
- With Carol Lipson (ed). Technical Communication and the World Wide Web. (Mahwah, New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2005).
- With Susanmarie Harrington and Rebecca Rickly (eds). The Online Writing Classroom. (Cresskill, New Jersey: HAmpton Press, 2000).