- Center for the Study of Women, Gender and Sexuality
- News and Events
- Our Accomplishments
Our People Rock!
- Congratulations to our students and faculty who won awards from the Presidential Commission on the Status of Women! Award winners include CSWGS minors Abi Bloedel, Kasia (Taylor) Luebbe, Cassandra Pilcher, faculty affiliate Andrea Radasanu, and faculty associate/2020-2021 Acting Director Jessica Reyman.
- Welcome our new Assistant Professor, Karla Padrón, who holds a joint appointment in CSWGS and the Department of Communication. Drawing from women of color feminisms, critical transgender studies and engaged ethnography, Padrón’s research seeks to make visible the ways in which TransLatina embody, mitigate, contest and resist transphobic and anti-immigrant policies and spaces.
- Our very own Professor Amanda Littauer earned a Distinguished Faculty Award from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- NIU Today celebrates the new book by faculty associate Bill Cassidy, Sports Journalism and Women Athletes: Coverage of Coming Out Stories. His earlier book, Sports Journalism and Coming Out Stories: Jason Collins and Michael Sam was recently featured in a list of favorites books on LGBTQ athletes by Outsports.
- 2019-2020 Acting Director Kate Cady is one of NIU's 2019 Presidential Excellence in Undergraduate Education award winners, and faculty associate Alicia Finch won the award in 2020.
- Acting Director Jessica Reyman and CSWGS alumna Erika Sparby won the 2020 Computers and Composition Distinguished Book Award for their co-edited collection titled Digital Ethics: Rhetoric and Responsibility in Online Aggression (Routledge, 2019)