Introductory Clinical (ILAS 201)
ILAS 201 has two parts
Clinical Observations: Thirty total clock hours of observation in a high school.
Seminar: Seven class sessions where candidates hear from local public school teachers and administrators and participate in small-group discussions relating to their observations.
Primary goals of course:
- to assist candidates in beginning to look at schools from the perspective of the teacher.
- to help candidates determine if the teaching profession is a good match for their interests, personality, and skills.
- to assist candidates begin to understand the broad issues in public high schools.
Sample ILAS 201 Seminar Topics:
- School culture and diversity
- Classroom Management
- Tutoring skills
- Professional Vocabulary Building
Download the application (in your preferred format). Save a copy for your own records.
Please submit your application materials, along with accompanying paperwork, to your subject area coordinator.
Zulauf Hall 215