- College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Information for Prospective Students
Information for Prospective Students
Why Industrial and Systems Engineering?
ISYE lies at the intersection of engineering and business. Industrial engineers make businesses perform better, no matter what sector they are in. Industries that employ industrial engineers include manufacturing,
Points of Pride for ISYE
- More than three-quarters of NIU ISYE students have at least one internship before graduation, and more than half of students have two or more.
- Students are involved in hands-on, real-world projects solving problems for local businesses. After working on a project with a company, many students receive job offers even before they graduate.
- NIU has the largest ISYE graduate program in the state of Illinois.
- Most of our alumni are employed within a year of graduation, many within a few months.
What's the next step?Learn more about our B.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering or M.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, then request more information, visit and apply!