David Schroeder, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1997)
- M.S. in Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1995)
- Thin film deposition and characterization
- Ionic conductors and transport
- Interface formation
- Energy efficiency
- Applications of nano-particle suspensions
- Chemical mechanical polishing.
- Integrated Laboratory Industrial Research Project, Argonne National Laboratory (2010 – present)
- Study of Ceramic Ion Conductors in Tandem with Metal Anodes and/or Various Concentrated Electrolytes, sponsored by Argonne National Laboratory
- US DOE Railroad Efficiency (2008 – 2011)
- “Effect of Surface Preparation and R-group Size on the Stabilization of Lithium Metal Anodes with Silanes,” S. Neuhold, D. Schroeder, J. Vaughey, Journal of Power Sources 206, 295-300, 2012.
- “Solution Based Synthesis and Characterization of Lithium-ion Conducting Ceramics for Lithium Metal Batteries,” B. Key, D. Schroeder, B. Ingram, and J. Vaughey, Chemistry of Materials 24 (2), 287-293, 2012.
- “Stabilization of Lithium Metal Anodes using Silane-based Coatings,” R. Thompson, D. Schroeder, C. Lopez, S. Neuhold, J. Vaughey, Electrochemical Communications 13 (12), 1369-1372, 2011.
- “Surface Roughness and Diametral Consistency of Holes Drilled into DDGS/Phenolic Blends,” J. Shanafield, A. Otieno, R. Tatara, D. Schroeder, and K. Rosentrater, Advances in Materials Science 11 (4), 22-34, 2011.
- “Design and Testing of a Low Cost Refreshable Braille Display Actuation Technology,” G. Bogda, B. Vishoot, C. Grider, and D. Schroeder, Journal of Engineering Technology Spring 2011.
- “Feasibility Analysis for Solid Oxide Fuel Cells as A Power Source for Railroad Road Locomotives,” D. Schroeder and P. Majumdar, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 35(20), 11308-11314, 2010.
- “Organic Rankine Cycle Working Fluid Considerations for Waste Heat to Power Applications,” D. Schroeder and N. Leslie, ASHRAE Transactions 116 (1), 525-534, 2010.
- "Hole Transport and Doping States in Epitaxial CuIn1-xGaxSe2," D. Schroeder, J. Hernandez, G. Berry, and A. Rockett, Journal of Applied Physics 83 (3), 1519-26, 1998.
- "Electronic Effects of Sodium in Epitaxial CuIn1- xGaxSe2," D. Schroeder and A. Rockett, Journal of Applied Physics 82 (10), 4982-5, 1997.
- "Ga Diffusion and Diffusivity in CuInSe2 Epitaxial Layers," D. Schroeder, G. Berry, and A. Rockett, Applied Physics Letters, 69 (26), 4068-70, 1996.
- 7,803,203 Compositions and methods for CMP of semiconductor materials, 2010, F. De Rege, S. Grumbine, P. Carter, S. Li, J. Zhang, D. Schroeder, and M.-S. Tsai.
- 7,754,098 Chemical-mechanical polishing composition and method for using the same, 2010, D. Schroeder and K. Moeggenborg.
- 7,485,241 Chemical-mechanical polishing composition and method for using the same, 2009, D. Schroeder and K. Moeggenborg.
- 7,365,013 System for the preferential removal of silicon oxide, 2008, B. Mueller, J. Chamberlain, and D. Schroeder.
- 7,238,618 System for the preferential removal of silicon oxide, 2007, B. Mueller, J. Chamberlain, and D. Schroeder.
- 7,091,604 Three dimensional integrated circuits, 2006, I. Wylie, H. Busta, D. Schroeder, J. Steckenrider, Y. Wang.
- 6,936,543 CMP method utilizing amphiphilic nonionic surfactants, 2005, D. Schroeder, K. Moeggenborg, H. Chou, J. Chamberlain, J. Hawkins, and P. Carter.
- 6,821,897 Method for copper CMP using polymeric complexing agents, 2004, D. Schroeder, P. Carter, J. Chamberlain, K. Miller, and I. Cherian.
- 6,726,534 Pre-equilibrium polishing method and system, 2004, G. Bogush, J. Chamberlain, P. Feeney, B. Mueller, D. Schroeder, and A. Walters.
- 6,612,911 Alkali metal-containing polishing system and method, 2003, P. Carter, G. Bogush, F. De Rege, J. Chamberlain, D. Schroeder, and B. Mueller.
- Faculty, Department of Technology, NIU (2008 – present)
- Senior Engineer, Gas Technology Institute (2007 - 2008)
- Senior Scientist, Cabot Microelectronics Corporation (1999 – 2007)
- Process Development Engineer, Motorola (1997-1999)
College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
590 Garden Rd, DeKalb, IL