Suma Rajashankar, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India (1997)
- M.Sc. in Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India (1990)
- Growth and characterization of compound semiconductors
- Nanoscale material processing and characterization
- Deep defect studies in semiconductors
- Device design and modeling
- Advancement of Women in Engineering
- Engineering Education
- Actively networking women in science and engineering at NIU to write joint proposals to NSF for the Research on Gender in Science and Engineering & Advancement of Women in Science and Engineering.
- Working as a faculty mentor (along with P. Vohra) for the Eugene Carter program for Women in Science and Engineering.
Professional Associations and Honors
- Recipient of Junior and Senior research fellowships from Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, India and also recipient of National Merit Scholarship from Government of India during Masters
Selected Publications in Journals/Conferences
- Excellent rectifying characteristics in Au/n-CdTe diodes upon exposure to rf nitrogen plasma. Suma Gurumurthy, H.L.
Bhatand Vikram Kumar. Semicond. Sci. Technol., 14, 909, 1999.
- Nitridation effects in n-CdTe. Suma Gurumurthy, H.L.
and Vikram Kumar. Solid State Phenomena., Vols. 57-58, 441, 1997. Bhat
- Shallow donor neutralization in n-CdTe. Suma Gurumurthy, H.L. Bhat, B. Sundersheshu, R.K. Bagai and Vikram Kumar. Appl. Phys. Lett., 68(17), 2424, 1996.
- Effect of deviation from stoichiometry on the photoluminescence in CdTe doped with indium. Suma Gurumurthy, K.S.R.K. Rao, A.K. Sreedhar, H.L. Bhat, B. Sundersheshu, R.K. Bagai and Vikram Kumar. J. Bull. Mater. Sci., 17(6), 1057, 1994.
- Photoluminescence studies in
CdTe:In.Suma Gurumurthy, K.S.R.K. Rao, A.K. Sreedhar, H.L. Bhat, R.K. Bagai and Vikram Kumar. Proceedings of the Conference on Emerging Optoelectronic Technologies, Bangalore, India, p114, 1994
- Hydrogen passivation of shallow dopants in indium doped bulk CdTe. Suma Gurumurthy, A.K. Sreedhar, H.L. Bhat, B. Sundersheshu, R.K. Bagai and Vikram Kumar. MRS Symposium Proceedings on Defects and Impurity Engineered Semiconductors and Devices, San Francisco, USA, Vol. 378, p423, 1995.
- Nitridation effects n-CdTe. Suma Gurumurthy, H.L. Bhat, and Vikram Kumar. Presented at the 7th International Autumn Meeting on Gettering and Defect engineering in Semiconductor Technology held at Spa, Belgium during Oct 5-7th, 1997.
- Department of Electrical Engineering, NIU (2004-present)
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, Department of Physics,
StateUniversity of New York at Stony Brook, NY (2000-2002)
- Project Associate, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India (1997-1998)
College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
590 Garden Rd, DeKalb, IL