Mohammad Moghimi, Ph.D.
|Office Location:||EB 346|
Education and Expereience
- Research Faculty, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, USA (2018-2019)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA (2014-2017)
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT, USA (2013)
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (2008)
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (2005)
- Micro-opto-electromechanical systems (MOEMS)
- Wearable sensors
- Implementation of micro/nanostructures on flexible substrates
- Wearable sensors for real-time monitoring of cardiovascular activities
- Miniaturized imaging systems with wide field of view and high resolution
- Flexible and ultrathin infrared stealth sheets
- M. J. Moghimi and H. Jiang “High efficiency room-temperature infrared sensor” U.S. Patent filed September 2017.
- H. Jiang and M. J. Moghimi “Device For Securing An Infrared Radiation Detector From Unwanted Infrared Radiation And Heat”, US Patent App. 15/710,185, 2019.
- H. Jiang and M. J. Moghimi, G. Lin “Device for camouflaging an object from infrared and low light cameras”, US Patent 9,777,998, 2017.
Professional Associations and Activities
- Journal of Microelectromechanical systems JMEMS, IEEE/ASME
- Journal of Photonics Technology Letters, IEEE
- Journal of Micro/Nanolithography MEMS & MOEMS, SPIE
- Journal of Optical Engineering, SPIE
- Journal of Sensors and Actuators: A. Physical, Elsevier
- Journal of Microsystems Technologies, Springer
- Journal of Micromachines, MDPI
- Journal of Sensors, MDPI
- Journal of Mathematical Modelling, Elsevier
- Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications JEMWA, Taylor and Francis
- International Journal of Optomechatronics, Taylor and Francis
- Journal of Progress in Electromagnetic Research JPIER
- SPIE member
- IEEE member
Micromachine Special Issue on "Nano/Microsystems for Health Monitoring", Edited by M. Moghimi and T. Li.
- Mohammad J. Moghimi and Hongrui Jiang, “Optical MEMS for chemical analysis and biomedicine,” Institution of Engineering and Technology IET, ISBN 978-1-84919-897-4, 2016.
- M. J. Moghimi, G. Lin and H. Jiang, “Broadband and Ultrathin Infrared Stealth Sheets,” Advanced Engineering Materials 20 (11), 2018 (featured on the front cover).
- Y. Almoallem, M. J. Moghimi, H. Jiang, “Conformal antireflective surface formed onto 3D silicon structure,” IEEE J. of Microelectromechanical Systems 27 (3), March 2018.
- M. J. Moghimi, J. Fernandes, A. Kanhere, and H. Jiang “Micro-Fresnel-zone-plate array on flexible substrate for large field-of-view and focus scanning,” Scientific Reports 5, 2015.
- M. J. Moghimi and D. L. Dickensheets, “Electrostatic-pneumatic membrane mirror with positive or negative variable optical power” IEEE J. of Microelectromechanical Systems 24(3), 716-729, 2014.
- J. Heinemann, B. Noon, M. J. Mohigmi, A. Mazurie, D. L. Dickensheets, and B. Bothner “Real time digitization of metabolomics pattern from a living system using mass spectroscopy” J. of The American Society for Mass Spectroscopy 25(10), 1755-1762, 2014.
- M. J. Moghimi, K. N. Chattergoon, C. R. Wilson, and D. L. Dickensheets “High-speed focus control mirror with controlled air damping for vital microscopy” IEEE J. of Microelectromechanical Systems 22 (4), 938-948, 2013.
- M. J. Moghimi, C. Wilson and D. L. Dickensheets, “An improved MOEMS deformable mirror for in vivo optical microscopy” SPIE J. of Micro/Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS 11(4), 043006 (1-9), 2012.
- M. J. Moghimi, B. J. Lutzenberger, B. M. Kaylor, and D. L. Dickensheets “MOEMS deformable mirrors for focus control in vital microscopy” SPIE J. of Micro/Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS 10 (2), 23005(1-8), 2011.
- M. J. Moghimi, H. Ghafoori Fard, A. Rostami, “Multi-Wavelengths Optical Switching and Tunable Filters Using Dynamic Superimposed Photorefractive Bragg Grating” Progress in Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 3, 129-142, 2008.
- M. J. Moghimi, H. Ghafoori Fard, A. Rostami, “Analysis and design of all-optical switching in apodized and chirped Bragg gratings”. Progress in Electromagnetics Research. B Vol. 8, 87-102, 2008.
- H. Ghafoori Fard, M. J. Moghimi, A. Rostami, “Linear and nonlinear superimposed Bragg grating: A novel proposal for all-optical multi-wavelength filtering and switching”, Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 77, 243–266, 2007.
- Y. Almoallem, M. J. Moghimi, H. Jiang “Black silicon-based iris with reduced light scattering and reflection,” in 2017 International Conference on Optical MEMS and nanophotonics (OMN 2017), Santa Fe, New Mexico, August 2017.
- M. J. Moghimi, H. Liu, and H. Jiang “Bio-inspired imaging systems with wide field-of-view and enhanced photosensitivity” in OSA Applied Industrial Optics, San Francisco, CA, 26-29 June 2017.
- M. J. Moghimi, G. Lin, H. Jiang “Highly absorptive nanophotonic structures on flexible substrates for infrared camouflage” in the 12th Annual IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems (NEMS-2017), 9-12 April 2017.
- M. J. Moghimi, J. Fernandes, A. Kanhere, H. Jiang “Microscale Fresnel zone plate array on flexible substrate” in Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems (TRANSDUCERS), 2015 Transducers - 2015 18th International Conference on, pp.395-398, 21-25 June 2015.
- M. J. Moghimi, K. Chattergoon, D. L. Dickensheets “High speed focus control capability of Electrostatic-pneumatic MEMS deformable mirrors” Proceeding of SPIE 8977, MOEMS & Miniaturized Systems XIII, March 2014.
- M. J. Moghimi, C. Wilson, D. L. Dickensheets “Electrostatic-pneumatic membrane mirror with positive or negative variable optical power” Proceeding of SPIE 8617, MEMS Adaptive optics VII March 2013.
- M. J. Moghimi, C. Wilson, D. L. Dickensheets “Electrostatic-Pneumatic MEMS deformable mirror for focus control” Optical MEMS and Nanophotonics Conference IEEE Banff Canada August 2012.
- B. J. Lutzenburger, M. J. Moghimi, S. J. Lukes, B. Kaylor, D. L. Dickensheets, “MEMS deformable mirror for focus control in vital microscopy” Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 7594, 2010.
- M. J. Moghimi, K. Chattergoon, M. J. Strathman, C. Wilson, D. L. Dickensheets “A deformable mirror with perforated backplate for high-speed operation with controlled air damping” IEEE International Conference on Optical MEMS and Nanophotonics, 149-150, 2011.
- M. J. Moghimi, B. J. Lutzenburger, K. Oliver, S. Gates, X. Xue, B. Kaylor, D. L. Dickensheets “An improved focus control MEMS mirror using SU-8 wafer bonding” Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 7930, 2011.
- M. J. Moghimi, K. Chattergoon, C. Wilson, D. L. Dickensheets “Deformable mirror with controlled air damping for fast focus tracking and scanning” in MOEMS and miniaturized systems XI, Proceedings of SPIE Vol.8252, 82520M, 2012.
- B. Kaylor, C. Wilson, N. Greenfield, P. Roos, E. Seger, M. J. Moghimi, D. L. Dickensheets “Miniature non-mechanical zoom camera using deformable MOEMS mirror,” Proceedings of SPIE Vol.8252, 82520N, 2012.
- K. W. Oliver, S. J. Lukes, M. J. Moghimi, D. L. Dickensheets “Stress engineering for free standing SU-8 thin film devices,” Proceedings of SPIE Vol.8248, 82520H, 2012.
- D. L. Dickensheets, M. J. Moghimi S. J. Lukes, B. J. Lutzenburger “A compact F/5 camera lens with MEMS focus control,” Proceedings of International Conference on Micro/Nano Optical Engineering ICOME, China, 2011.
- Positions are available for Ph.D. students and postdoctoral fellows in the field of micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), flexible electronics and medical devices.