- College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
- Engineering and Technology Alumni Society
Engineering and Technology Alumni Society
The Engineering and Technology Alumni Society promotes the interests of NIU's College of Engineering and Engineering Technology, including its staff, students, alumni and future students.
You can be involved by attending an event, mentoring a student, encouraging your company to attend a job fair. There are so many ways to get involved. Reach out to a board member today and see how you can help our students lead productive careers, and help our alumni continue to strengthen the value of an engineering or technology degree.
ETAS Mission Statement
Support the NIU College of Engineering and Engineering Technology by combining professional experience and passion for continued student and alumni development.
- Deliver real-world experience and opportunities to existing students
- Strengthen alumni involvement
- Host Homecoming tailgate in Alumni Village
- Judge senior design
- Support Alumni Scholarship Dinner and Awards Banquet
- Mentor and fund student organizations
- Enhance the identity of the College of Engineering and Engineering Technology at NIU
- Focus on alumni orientation packages
- Increase numbers of alumni participation
- Mentor fellow alumni through peer networks
- Enhance board diversity
The Engineering and Technology Alumni Society proudly presents the Challenge Coin to each graduate of the College of Engineering and Engineering Technology. The coin is a symbol of the strength and commitment it took to become a graduate. It also represents the effort expended and the relationships built while at Northern Illinois University.
The coin is presented by the Alumni as an invitation to join the Engineering and Technology Alumni Society. By joining ETAS, graduates maintain those relationships with your friends and faculty.