Get fit with friends! This small-group training program will help you get on the right track to leading a healthy lifestyle. Open to all students and members, the workouts are led by a certified personal trainer and vary from high to moderate intensity.Small-Group Training meets twice a week in Court 2 at the Student Recreation Center. Receive individual attention from a trainer and support from your fellow Huskie Fit Club members while reaching your fitness goals!
- High energy interval workouts
- Training from a dedicated, experienced certified personal trainer
- Camaraderie with fellow Small-Group Training members
- Nutrition education
- Weekly exercise routines tailored to your needs
- Pre and post fitness assessments to track improvement
If you have a group of three to six people with a preferred meeting time, we can schedule your own small-group training! Contact Leanne Kulchawik at LKulchawik@niu.edu to sign up.
Duration and Prices
- Twelve-Week: Student: $175; Member: $200 (includes five nutrition coaching sessions)
- Registration deadline: February 16, 2018
- Six-Week: Student: $125; Member: $175 (includes three nutrition coaching sessions)
- Registration deadline: March 20, 2018
* We must have at least 3 paid participants registered in order for sessions to run. If we do not meet that requirement, those who have paid will be refunded.
- Cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Students can also charge their Bursar's account.
- Payment required upon sign-up. Cash or check payments are completed in person at the Rec Center Front Desk.
- Once payment and paperwork are received, a trainer will contact you within two business days.
- Sessions last about one hour.
- Trainers are obligated to wait 15 minutes for clients to arrive. After that time, the session will be lost. Late starting sessions, end one hour from original appointment time.
- Personal Training and Small-Group Training refunds are not given for missed appointments or cancellation/reschedules, less than 12 hours in advance.
- Refunds are honored for documented medical conditions occurring after the time of purchase.
- Other refund requests will be reviewed and require substantial reasons for request.
- Refund request forms are at the Rec Center front desk. Once submitted with appropriate documentation, a refund will be given. Campus Recreation processes completed requests within four business days of receipt.
- Written physician documentation for medical conditions must be provided at the time of submission.
- Approved medical-related refunds will be given; though sessions used prior to the medical occurrence, will be deducted from original purchase.
- Refund requests for reasons other than a medical condition can be documented on a refund request form, with written or typed statements attached. Non-medical refund requests will be reviewed by the coordinator of Fitness/Wellness. Patrons are notified of decisions within five business days.