Scheduled Blackboard Outage - June 8, 2013
Date posted: 4/18/2012
A significant upgrade is scheduled to be performed to the Blackboard Learn System on June 8, 2013. The upgrade will begin at 12:00 AM and will complete by 11:00 PM. The Blackboard Learn System (http://webcourses.niu.edu) will be UNAVAILABLE during this time.
The latest version of Blackboard Learn, 9.1 Service Pack 11 (SP11), will introduce several new exciting features, including:
- New Content Editor: Vastly improves the user experience for formatting text, pasting content from Word, and more.
- Assessment Item Analysis: Provides statistics on overall test performance on individual test questions.
- Assessment Fill-in-the-Blank Question Enhancement : Fill-in-the-Blank and Fill-in-Multiple-Blanks questions now offers regular expression options for grading answers.
- My Blackboard: Create your own profile and discover and interact with others in your academic network.
- Inline Assignment Grading: View, annotate, and grade student-submitted files "inline" without the need to download any files.
- Retention Center: Identify at-risk students by using pre-configured rules or by creating your own.
- New Calendar: Sporting a new UI, the new calendar now integrates fully into your courses. Never miss an assignment again.
- Blackboard Drive: View, edit, and manage your Content System files right from your desktop.
To learn more about the upcoming features, please visit the Faculty Development and Instructional Design Center's upgrade page at www.niu.edu/blackboard/upgrade.
Need Technical Assistance?
Need Assistance Teaching with Blackboard?
Stay up-to-date with the latest news regarding teaching with Blackboard at NIU, by following @NIUBlackboard on Twitter