Blackboard Content Collection Coming Soon
Date Posted: 12/17/2007
The Blackboard Content Collection is a new tool that allows faculty and students to store, manage, and share content. The Content Collection has a number of features that enhance the capabilities that already exist in the Blackboard Learning System:
- Faculty can reuse their content easily; they can save a file in the Content Collection once and then they can link to that file from many courses.
- The Content Collection allows easy file management. When a file that resides in the Content Collection needs updating, faculty can update it only once and there won't be any need to go into each course to upload an updated version of the file.
- The Blackboard Content Collection reduces resource consumption because the files can be managed and shared without the need for duplication.
- The Content Collection allows faculty and students to share their files with the users both within NIU and outside.
- It allows faculty to access resources placed in eReserves and link to those resources from their Blackboard courses.
The Blackboard Content Collection is scheduled to be available to NIU faculty in January 2008. More details on how to use the new Blackboard Content Collection.
Need Technical Assistance?
Need Assistance Teaching with Blackboard?
Stay up-to-date with the latest news regarding teaching with Blackboard at NIU, by following @NIUBlackboard on Twitter