Tests, Multiple Attempts
Is it possible to allow for a test to be taken multiple times and for the answers that the student enters for all attempts to be saved and viewed at a later time by the Faculty Member?
Yes. The number of allowed attempts can be specified and Blackboard will then save all attempt scores. The faculty member can even choose whether Blackboard uses the Grade of Last Attempt (default), Score of First Attempt, the Average of Attempt Grades, Highest Grade, or Lowest Grade for calculating final grades. To change this setting:
- Go to the Grade Center
- Click the action link next to the name of the assessment (Quiz 2, for example)
- Click Edit Column Information
- Choose the option you want from the Score attempts using drop down menu and click the Submit button
I created a test which allows multiple attempts (2), and I would like to base the grade off of the highest, NOT the most recent attempt. Right now, it is basing it off of the last attempt. How can I change this?
If you enable multiple attempts for a test, you can choose which grade to use as the grade for that test. To do so, go to the Grade Center and in the column heading for that test, click on the action link (two down arrows) and select to Edit Column Information. In Step 1, next to the "Score attempts using," select the option you would like - one of those options is the Highest Grade.
Last Updated: 11/04/2011
- Tips for Starting the Semester with Blackboard
- Tips for Ending the Semester with Blackboard
- Timesaving Tips Using the Blackboard Grade Center
- Tips for Assessing Student Learning Using Blackboard
- Tips for Communicating Effectively Using Blackboard
- Tips for Preventing Online Cheating
- Copyright Basics for the Academic Classroom
- HTML Tags