I have noticed that Quiz Timer does not appear for students when they are taking a timed quiz. How do they turn this feature on?
Timed Blackboard tests and quizzes generally display a timer to students in the status bar, but it will be blocked for students using IE 7 unless they make the following setting changes.
- Add the NIU Blackboard URL as a Trusted site. To do so, go to:
- Tools click Internet Options click Security Tab click Trusted Sites [zone] and then click Sites
- Enter: https://webcourses.niu.edu
- Click on Add.
- Allow Status Bar Updates via Script. To do so, go to:
- Tools click Internet Options click Security Tab click Trusted Sites [zone]click Custom Level click Allow Status Bar Updates via Script (under the scripting section).
Last Updated: 09/28/2007
- Tips for Starting the Semester with Blackboard
- Tips for Ending the Semester with Blackboard
- Timesaving Tips Using the Blackboard Grade Center
- Tips for Assessing Student Learning Using Blackboard
- Tips for Communicating Effectively Using Blackboard
- Tips for Preventing Online Cheating
- Copyright Basics for the Academic Classroom
- HTML Tags