Yes, Blackboard will allow faculty to exclude a particular column from the grade total. From the Control Panel, enter the Grade Center (select the Full Grade Center option) and click on the action link (the double downward pointing arrows) next to the column name. From the drop-down menu that appears, click on Edit Column Information.
In the adjacent page that appears, scroll down to the Options section. For excluding a column from the Grade Total, check the No button for the Include this Column in Grade Center Calculations option.
Also, if the column in question needs to be hidden from student view, then check the No button for the Show this Column to Students option. Ensure that you check the Yes button when you want to show this column to students again.
Then click the Submit button.
Last Updated: 12/05/2016
- Tips for Starting the Semester with Blackboard
- Tips for Ending the Semester with Blackboard
- Timesaving Tips Using the Blackboard Grade Center
- Tips for Assessing Student Learning Using Blackboard
- Tips for Communicating Effectively Using Blackboard
- Tips for Preventing Online Cheating
- Copyright Basics for the Academic Classroom
- HTML Tags