Tests & Quizzes
The Tests feature enables faculty to check the knowledge and skill level of users enrolled in the course. Faculty can assign point values to each question on a test, and when a student completes a test, it is automatically graded and the results are recorded in the Grade Center. Questions that require manual grading are marked in the Grade Center and can be graded later.
You can create tests, quizzes, and surveys in any content area or folder.
Once students have taken a test or quiz, faculty are able to run an item analysis, which provides statistics on overall test performance and individual test questions. This data can help you recognize questions that might be poor discriminators of student performance. You can use this information to improve questions for future test administrations or to adjust credit on current attempts.
Last updated: 9/26/2017
- Preventing Cheating
- Students: Taking a Test Online
- Resolve Student Issues with Tests
- Respondus LockDown Browser
- Build Better Tests with Blackboard Item Analysis
- Tips for Assessing Student Learning Using Blackboard
- How do I add tests from my textbook publisher?
- Will I lose data when access is removed?
- How do I add images to a test or quiz?
- How can I combine questions from multiple exams?
- Will test scores update if I manually change a response?
- I found an error after several students completed the quiz
- Students are complaining about an error message when submitting
- I want to get a report on the percent correct per question
- Should I use Force Completion when I set up a test?