Golden: School of Art and Design Jack Arends Hall
50th Anniversary Juried Alumni Show
September 4 - October 19, 2018
Call for Entry
Open to all alumni of the NIU School of Art and Design (SoAD), also previously known as NIU School of Art and NIU Art Department.
- Two solo shows at the Olson Gallery, January-February 2020
- Invitation to exhibit work in an alumni group show at the Olson Gallery, September-October 2019
- All media in 2D and 3D forms will be considered.
- 2D work may not exceed 84” in any direction
- 3D work may not exceed 84”x84”x36”
- Video/animation/time arts work may not exceed five minutes in run time
- All work must have been completed post 2015
- Accepted works must be delivered on USB device or class 6/class 10 SD card. File sizes may not exceed 2GB
You may submit one entry for consideration.
Shipping/Delivery of Work
Artists are responsible for all costs related to round-trip shipping/delivery. Shipped works must arrive with pre-paid return shipping labels. All work must be shipped/delivered installation ready.
Works are juried for inclusion from the electronic submissions, awards are juried from actual work.
Associate Director of Collections and Exhibitions Management
Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art
Important Dates and Deadlines
|July 21||Entry forms due|
Email notification of acceptance/rejection
|August 7-17||Acceptance of shipped works|
|August 17, 10 a.m. -4p.m.||Hand delivery of work|
|August 18, 10 a.m.-noon||Hand delivery of work|
|Septemeber 4||Exhibition opens|
|September 20, 5-8 p.m.||Reception|
|October 19||Exhibition closes|
|October 25-30||Return Shippping|
|October 26, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.||Pick up of hand-delivered work|
|October 27, 10 a.m.-noon||Pick up of hand-delivered work|
The NIU School of Art and Design and the Jack Olson Gallery reserves the right to photograph and reproduce all artworks accepted for this exhibition, or use uploaded visuals, regardless of copyright, for educational and/or publicity purposes.
The School of Art and Design is inviting its alumni to donate their accepted works to a silent auction to raise scholarship funds for the school. Donated works not sold during the auction will become part of the School of Art and Design study collection.
Auction participation is voluntary and does not increase odds of acceptance in the exhibition.